Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Pet Food Recall - Concerns began in December?

A Canadian website reported on Saturday that Menu Foods has been aware of concerns with the pet food since DECEMBER.

"Starting in December, concerns began filtering back to the company through toll-free customer lines about the "cuts and gravy" style pet food.

Callers complained their animals had fallen ill after eating the food, although no direct link was established.

One large customer in the United States initiated its own recall after receiving complaints and put future orders for the products on hold."


This makes me ill to even think about.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I put two cats down on Saturday. One 3 years old and one 7.
I am not sure how I am going to handle the fact that I fed them poison. The fact that i did not know it was poison somehow is not much comfort.

Kim said...

I'm SO sorry for your loss. Please try to be gentle with yourself, you didn't know, and it wasn't your fault. There will be a lot of blame to go around, but none of it is yours.